A Legacy of Caring

The moment the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word arrived in San Antonio in 1869, health care for children was transformed. In 1918, the first pediatric unit was opened at the Santa Rosa Infirmary. The Sisters continued to care for children throughout the 20th Century and in 1959 opened the first and only hospital… Continue Reading →

Share This Post:

Related Articles

Katherine

A Divinely Orchestrated Gift

When Anna visited her OB-GYN in San Angelo, Texas, for her 20-week sonogram, the physician noticed the baby was much smaller than she should be.

Katherine Grace Heimbecker made her

Read More »